Coffee was one of the major exports of Tanzania, whilst this has lessened; coffee growing is still widespread across the region. The tour takes you around the coffee small farms owned by the villagers where an opportunity to learn traditional ways of growing coffee, harvesting and preparing it for drinking is guaranteed
This tour will takes about 2 to 3 hours.
Main activities during the tour:
- An excursion to a nearby coffee farm
- Coffee berry picking and pulping.
- Explanation about organic coffee farming and Fair-trade standards.
- Processing of the coffee from beans to cup.
- Coffee drinking at the farm.
- Banana beer drinking at the farmer (on request)